Monday 26 November 2018

Remembrance Sunday Follow up

Following on from my report on the Remembrance Sunday ceremonies the article below was went to me by friend and RAG member Paul Waller, which I share with you as it related to our group as well as the Halifax Memorial on The Heath in Dunchurch.

Together with Paul and Roger Higgerson(ex-RAG member and co-founder of the memorial) I am looking into the possibility of organising a special commemorative event next year in October around the 75th anniversary of the crash of the Halifax in the parish of Dunchurch.

This article is a step, be it a small one, in the right direction in getting both the recognition and support from the local church and other organisations that can benefit the ongoing maintenance of the Memorial when the current custodians are no longer able to.

I hope you can read as I can not increase the size of the document image any further with the confines of the available page size.

Theo Claassen
26 November 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment